Philly Robotics Expo
Robots are taking over Philadelphia!
Central High Schoolâ€™s RoboLancers will unveil the newest and most exciting advances in the field of robotics at the Philly Robotics Expo hosted by the RoboLancers and the GRASP Lab of the University of Pennsylvania. You donâ€™t have to be a science geek to have a blast playing with real robots and learning from local business people, engineers and students who are transforming science fiction into science reality! Kids, parents and professionals can all be a part of this exciting look into Philadelphia robotics. and children of all ages are invited to attend our hands-on workshops on topics ranging from autonomous programming to real robot driving lessons. Last year, organizations such as Boeing, LEGO Education, Society of Women Engineers, the University of Pennsylvania, Drexel University, and high schools from the region captivated Philadelphia with their achievements in cutting edge technology. The event will kick off Philly Tech Week which runs from April 17th to April 25th.
This yearâ€™s PRX will run from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm. Highlights will include FIRST robotics demonstrations from Jr. FLL, FLL, FTC, and FRC teams; tours of the GRASP Labs including Flying Robots, Humanoids, and â€œUpennalizersâ€ Soccer Robots; presentations by professors and graduate students; and activities and demos from exhibitors. The event will be held at four locations on Pennâ€™s Campus: Singh Nanotechnology Center, Skirkanich, Levine, and SEAS Hall.
- WHAT: The fifth Annual Philly Robotics Expo (PRX) is a one-day demonstration and workshop event geared towards K-12 students.
- WHY: PRX seeks to inspire K-12 students in the City of Philadelphia to enter STEM fields and discover the world of robotics through workshops and demonstrations.
- WHO: Robotics teams, universities, tech businesses, organizations and Central High School students work together with K-12 students from the City of Philadelphia.
- ORGANIZERS: PRX is hosted by Central High Schoolâ€™s RoboLancers, a FIRST Robotics team, and the University of Pennsylvania's GRASP lab, in partnership with Technically Philly.
Elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools are invited to explore many different aspects of engineering and robotics. Registration is limited to 33 students per school/group, but we would prefer 25 per group. PRX is free and open to all registered visitors.
PRX includes the following events:
- 6 robotics classes including Intro to Engineering, Intermediate Engineering, Advanced Engineering, Intro to Programming, Intermediate Programming and Advanced Programming
- FIRSTÂ® Tech Challenge (FTCÂ®) scrimmage where attendees learn how to operate FTCÂ® robots
- FIRSTÂ® LEGOÂ® League (FLLÂ®) and Jr. FIRSTÂ® LEGOÂ® League (Jr FLLÂ®) scrimmage, presented by the University of Pennsylvania's GRASP lab, where attendees learn how to operate Mindstorm robots
- Exhibitor hall where universities, high schools, organizations, and companies present robotics and advanced technology
- Seminars, lectures, and demonstrations
- Tours of the robotics labs at the University of Pennsylvania, including the Quadrotors lab
Food will NOT be provided at the event. Students, parents and teachers are encouraged to bring lunch. Food is also available for purchase at various locations nearby.
All proceeds from the Philadelphia Robotics Expo will go towards supporting Philadelphia robotics.